- ENIRISST - "Intelligent Research Infrastructure for Shipping, Supply chain, Transport and Logistics" Design and formulation of a research and business intelligent platform that combines business analysis, data visualization and data mining techniques, to support key economic activities and small and medium-sized enterprises.
- TripMentor - "Interactive Tourist Guide" Design and implementation of rich media content provision to tourists through a web and mobile environment in two languages trying to guide them through alternative routesthat include places of interest as well as organizations with offers to tourists.
- PEGA - "Lifelong Educational Courses for Post-Graduated Students" Creation of educational material and teaching of both face to face and web based training "Internet Programming and Technologies" course.
- WiSe-PON - "Converging FTTx and Broadband Heterogeneous Wireless Services over Next-Generation Radio-over-Fiber Passive Optical Networks [09ΣΥΝ-71-1155]" Design, implementation and performance evaluation of hanfoff algorithms in RoF networks @60GHz and call admission control policies in heterogeneous broadband next-generation networks.
- StuDiAsE - "Student Diagnosis, Assistance, Evaluation System based on Artificial Intelligence [MIS 379389]" Design and implementation of a student diagnosis, assisance and evaluation system with artificial intelligence and fuzzy logic techniques in educational environments, either theoretical or laboratory ones.
- e-tourism - "Innovative web/mobile GIS/LBS e-Services with Augmented Reality features for the tourism sector [11ΣΥΝ-10-1180]" Design and implementation of Location Based e-tourism mobile services and applications for smartphones with augmented reality features.
"Innovation in Enterprises, University of Peloponnese"
Case study and business plan for new Enterprises supporing Information and Telecommunications Technologies.
LANDSLIDES - EL0071 - "System Development on Monitoring Slope Stability for the Prevention of Landslides and Training of Local Public Authorities in the Region of Peloponnisos"
Technical leader for the University of Peloponnese during the phase of design and development of Geographic Database, Geographic Information System and Web Geographical Information System using the ArcIMS software package of ArcGIS
Implementation of Educational Material for the National Center for Public Administration
Instructional design on the technological themes of the project (Networking / PKI / e-Office / Java / .NET / Web Design), storyboard developer and implementation of the aforementioned topics for Computer Based Training (CBT) and Web Based Training (WBT).
Development of Network Inventory Management System
Requirements, Specifications and Implementation of Telecommunication System and Unified Network Inventory Management System for Mobile Communications. Data migration and data synchronization of the new system with all existing legacy Network Management Systems of Vodafone Greece.
- SMS (Simple Mobile Services, IST-034620) Definition of the technical requirements and specifications for creating a Simple Mobile Services Platform for Mobile Devices.
- DISCREET (Discreet Service Provision in Smart Environments, IST-27679) Definition of the technical requirements and specifications for creating a privacy-aware platform providing services in fixed and mobile networks.
Requirements and specifications of the database's web interface in an e-commerce system
- SIMPLICITY (Internet-able, Mobile Platforms LeadIng CItizens Towards simplicity, IST-507558) Definition of requirements/specifications and implementation of the corresponding integrational functional entities of the Simplicity system.
PPf: Service Development and Management Platform for Locating and Displaying Websites of Mobile Terminals with Location and Content Criteria (International cooperation in industrial research and development activities)
Design and implementation of a LBS service platform for mobile users (2G and 3G) by using XML and RMI technologies between the functional entities of the platform. Also, design and implamentation of the charging/billing system of the platform.
- AQUILA (Adaptive Resource Control of QoS Using an IP-based Layered Architecture, IST-10077) Design and implementation of software components for managing IP network in order to provide Quality of Service (QoS). Implementation of the corresponding web application to communicate with the end-user.
- ENAMORADO (Enabling Nomadic Agents in a Multimedia-ORiented Architecture of Distributed Objects, IST-38285) Specification of a Mobile-Agent's middleware environment for providing services in heterogeneous devices. Implementation of the mobile mediators used in the dynamic adjustment of telecommunications profile of the end user/device.
- STARLITE (Services, Technologies and Architectures Enabling Internet and PSTN Integration, IST-10684) Design and implementation of a Q.931 to OSA/Parlay API wrapper and Upgrade of Siemens HICOM 300 PBX to an OSA/Parlay-enabled PSTN Switch. Implementation of Parlay Generic Call Control API, in HICOM 300 and in Vocaltec's VoIP Gateway, in order to provide homogenized services to PSTN and VoIP networks, by using Java, Distributed Objects Technology (CORBA) and OSA/Parlay APIs. Design and implementation of the following services: "call forwarding", "click2call" and "third party call" demonstrated over PSTN and VoIP networks.
PENED 99ΕΔ160 (Design and Development of Distributed Service Control Platform by using Mobile Agents and CORBA technologies)
Design and implemenation of the platform by using Mobile Agents and CORBA, and implementation of the "Interactive Multimedia Retrieval" service of the platform.
EPET ΙΙ (SS7 compatibility between signaling protocols supported by Siemens EWSD)
Identification of differences in SCCP-TCAP for different versions of the Protocols supported by Siemens EWSD exchange. Development of a test suite, testing ISUP (ISDN User Part) and INAP (Intelligent Network Application Part) protocols. The corresponding results are enclosed in the Appendix of my thesis.
- REFORM (Resource Failure and Restoration Management in ATM-based Intec Broadband Communication Networks, AC208) Drivers' design and implementation, supporting a resource reservation protocol for ATM networks and specific configuration of ATM switches FORE ASX-200, CISCO LS-1010 and Olicom.